Warm potato salad with bacon and coarse mustard
Warm potato salad with bacon and coarse mustard is the perfect side for your just about any time you grill. This recipe is written for one pound of potatoes but can be scaled for any amount by increasing quantities accordingly.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 1 Tbsp coarse mustard - Pommery is nice if you can get it
- 2 tsp wine vinegar - sherry, red or white in that order
- 3 Tbsp good quality olive oil
- a few grinds ground pepper
- 1 lb small new potatoes - whole
- 1 large shallot - thinly sliced (1/3 cup or so)
- 3 slices bacon - cooked and diced
- fresh chives - to taste
- salt - to taste
Combine the mustard and wine vinegar.
Drizzle in the oil, stirring constantly. The oil should emulsify into the mustard/wine vinegar mixture but if it doesn't it's not the end of the world.
Add a few grinds of pepper and set aside.
Boil the potatoes in well salted water until done. Done means a fork slides in with minimal resistance.
Drain and let cool enough to handle.
Cut the warm potatoes into bite sized pieces.
Toss potatoes, shallots and dressing. Let cool slightly.
Add the bacon and chives, toss and serve.
Serving: 4servings | Calories: 256kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 159mg | Potassium: 530mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 22.9mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1.1mg