mediterranean quinoa salad
Mediterranean quinoa salad is great served with grilled chicken or lamb. Clean tasting and healthy, it makes a great light lunch too.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa cooked per directions, with 1/3 tsp salt. If you are not vegetarian, using chicken stock instead of water adds a nice extra flavour boost.
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped and rinsed under cold water
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 oz crumbled feta
- 1-2 Lebanese cucumbers chopped
- 1 red finger hot chili minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil - use your best here
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1/3 tsp kosher salt
Cook the quinoa and let cool.
Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, sherry vinegar and salt together.
Combine the rest of the ingredients and toss with the vinaigrette. Taste for salt and adjust.
It's just that easy!
Serving: 6servings | Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 410mg | Potassium: 320mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 485IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 1.9mg