spinach salad with strawberries and poppyseed dressing
Spinach salad with strawberries and poppyseed dressing is a bright and tasty salad. It's the perfect dinner party starter when strawberries are at their peak.
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1 or 2 large ripe avocados , chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped and rinsed under cold water
- a handful of honey roasted almonds - you can use whatever nuts you like
- 2 cups strawberries - halved or quartered - depends on the size of the berry
- 4 tbsp feta - crumbled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 shallot grated on a microplane
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Combine all ingredients except the oil. Stir to combine. You want the sugar mostly dissolved in the vinegar.
Drizzle the oil in while stirring.
Let the dressing sit for a while to let the poppy seeds hydrate.