Garlic ginger paste is a great way to simplify Indian cooking. Recipes would have you puree garlic and ginger every time you make dinner. That’s a blender to clean. Pretty big overhead.
You can buy garlic ginger paste. I used to. Then I tried making it fresh. I threw out my jar of store-bought and have never used pre-fab again. It’s easy and it keeps for weeks or even a couple months in a container in the fridge.
You can scale this recipe up or down as needed.
- 6 oz fresh garlic cloves, peeled
- 6 oz fresh ginger, peeled
- ⅓ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- enough water to get it to all puree.
- Combine garlic, ginger, oil and salt in a blender.
- Puree, adding water as needed to get the mixture to blend thoroughly.
- Store in the fridge. Discard when the flavours fade.