This Thai chicken buddha bowl makes a great weeknight dinner. Or you can grill the chicken ahead and serve it cold. Makes a great lunch. The spicy miso grilled chicken adds a bit of Korean spice to the mix. The bright Thai flavours from the sauce bring it all together. It’s well balanced. Sweet, salty, spicy, sour. All the southeast Asian flavours are represented. It’s just tasty.
This recipe is a guideline really. This isn’t a buddha bowl edict. I’m not the buddha bowl police. It’s a free country. This Thai chicken buddha bowl is a simple recipe that you can take and make your own. Have some fun with it. Doesn’t even have to be a chicken bowl. You can substitute any grilled chicken, shrimp or even beef. It’s up to you. The only constant is the Thai dipping sauce. The sauce makes this Thai chicken buddha bowl. Or shrimp bowl. Or beef bowl. Run with it. You won’t be disappointed.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 4-5 green onions, diced
- 1 red chili, minced
- vegetable oil to taste - enough to moisten the quinoa salad
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil. Add salt and quinoa. Cover and cook for 12-15 minutes or until quinoa has fully absorbed the chicken stock.
- Cool the quinoa and toss with the red pepper, green onion and red chili. Add enough vegetable oil to moisten, around 2-3 Tbsp.
- Make the spicy miso grilled chicken and Thai dipping sauce.
- Spoon quinoa salad into the bowl.
- Top with chicken and garnishes and drizzle with Thai dipping sauce to taste.