Chickpea salad with sun-dried tomato vinaigrette is the perfect side dish for those summer dinners on the deck. Serve it with a nice rotisserie chicken and some tzatziki and a glass of chilled white wine. With anything grilled really. The perfect summer meal.
It’s super easy to make. Toss some sun-dried tomatoes in the blender along with lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper. Toss together some chickpeas with a some red peppers and onions.
Mix in a bit of crushed garlic and parsley. Let it sit at room temperature for about an hour to let the flavours come together. Add some cucumber at the last minute.
If you want to mix it up a bit you can add some chopped jalapeño or crushed red chilies. It’s generous on the garlic as written. If you aren’t a big garlic fan, cut it down to one clove.
Take this recipe and play with it. It’s really more of a guideline anyway.
Chickpea salad with sun-dried tomato vinaigrette. Simple. Summery. Delicious.
chickpea salad with sun-dried tomato vinaigrette
- 38 oz canned chickpeas two 19 oz cans
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1/2 large red onion diced
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
Sun-dried tomato vinaigrette
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice about 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- enough water to blend 2 or 3 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- Blend all the dressing ingredients together.
- Combine the chickpeas, red pepper, onion, garlic, parsley.
- Mix in the dressing.
- Let sit at room temperature for about an hour.
- Add the diced cucumber.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
If you are short on time, you can shorten or even skip the sitting time.
This recipe is a bit garlicky so if you are not a garlic fan consider rolling it back to one clove.